Medical professionals have actually long understood peripheral neuropathy as a nerve condition that…
Bunion causes and how to treat them. Dr. Ahmadi at Orange County Foot and Ankle center in Mission Viejo. Call 1 (949) 276-8900
Symptoms and causes
The signs and symptoms of a bunion include:
- A bulging bump on the outside of the base of your big toe
- Swelling, redness or soreness around your big toe joint
- Corns or calluses — these often develop where the first and second toes overlap
- Persistent or intermittent pain
- Restricted movement of your big toe if arthritis affects the toe
There are many theories about how bunions develop, but the exact cause is unknown. Factors likely include:
- Inherited foot type
- Foot injuries
- Deformities present at birth (congenital)
Experts disagree on whether tight, high-heeled or too-narrow shoes cause bunions or whether footwear simply contributes to bunion development. Bunions might be associated with certain types of arthritis, particularly inflammatory types, such as rheumatoid arthritis.
These factors might increase your risk of bunions:
- High heels. Wearing high heels forces your toes into the front of your shoes, often crowding your toes.
- Ill-fitting shoes. People who wear shoes that are too tight, too narrow or too pointed are more susceptible to bunions.
- Rheumatoid arthritis. Having this inflammatory condition can make you more susceptible to bunions.
- Heredity. The tendency to develop bunions might be because of an inherited structural foot defect.
Dr. Matt Ahmadi is a leading Foot Doctor (Podiatrist) in Mission Viejo. Dr. Ahmadi is a Board Certified Foot Surgeon and a Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. He has earned the Doctor of Podiatric Medicine degree from Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery. He completed his post graduate training in Podiatric medicine and reconstructive foot and ankle surgery at the Washington Hospital Center. Dr. Ahmadi´s residency consisted of three intense surgical years at a level one trauma center where he performed advanced procedures in reconstructive foot and ankle surgery.
Dr. Ahmadi specializes in reconstructive surgical and non-surgical care for children and adults as well as a wide variety of foot and ankle diseases and disorders. He places emphasis on educating patients about the function and dynamics of the foot and ankle in order to prevent future problems.
- bunion surgery
- what is a bunion
- bunion pain
- bunion splint
- bunion pads
- foot bunion
- bunion removal
- bunion pain relief
- how to get rid of a bunion
- bunion causes
If you are suffering from any type of foot and ankle Pain, visit Dr. Ahmadi D.P.M in Mission Viejo to get rid of the pain fast.
- Plantar Fasciitis Mission Viejo
- Arthritis Foot Surgery
- PRP Injection Therapy in Orange County
- Bunion Removal Orange County
- Foot Doctor in Orange County
- Painless Bunion Surgery Mission Viejo
- Anti Fungal Solution
- Achilles Tendon Surgery
- Ball of Foot Pain
- Custom Molded Orthotics
- Cold Laser Therapy
- Foot Surgery
- Ankle Surgery
- Platelet Rich Plasma Injection