Athletes, fitness buffs, and ordinary people want to lower their chances of incurring injuries. Injuries…
Best Treatment for Plantar Fasciitis
As an experienced podiatrist in Orange County, Dr. Matt Ahmadi of Orange County Foot and Ankle seeks to provide his patients with the best treatment for plantar fasciitis and other foot and ankle conditions.
Plantar fasciitis is a common source of heel pain. It is caused by the inflammation of your plantar fascia, a band of tissue that crosses your entire foot and connects your toes to your heel. This inflammation develops from too much tension and stretching.
The most common symptom of plantar fasciitis is a sharp, stabbing pain that occurs when you walk. The pain may decrease slightly as you continue walking, especially as the day goes on, but may come back if you sit for long periods of time and start to walk again. If you notice that you have symptoms of plantar fasciitis, contact our office today. Early treatment is important for relief from the discomfort.
What are the risk factors for developing plantar fasciitis?
There are several factors that can increase your risk of developing plantar fasciitis, including:
- Some forms of exercise – Ballet dancing, running long distances, and other similar exercises can put more stress on your heel and its attached tissues
- Improper foot mechanics – If you have no arch (flat feet), a high arch, or walk abnormally, it can put stress on your plantar fascia
- Obesity – Extra weight puts more stress on your plantar fascia
- Age – Plantar fasciitis appears to be most common between 40 and 60 years of age
- Certain occupations – If you work in a job where you are on your feet a lot, like teaching or working in a factory, your plantar fascia is more likely to be damaged over time
Fortunately, even being at an increased risk of plantar fascia and experiencing symptoms of the condition does not mean that you need to suffer from pain indefinitely. At our office, we provide the best treatment for plantar fasciitis.
When should I see the doctor?
You should call your doctor if you have any suspicions that you have plantar fasciitis. This is because the best treatment for plantar fasciitis is when the condition is diagnosed early, and you can experience pain relief sooner.
You should also contact your foot doctor if you experience pain that continues, even when you sit down, or an injury to your heel that causes you to feel pain while walking. If you experience heel pain that does not improve after aw eek, even if you have tried methods for pain relief, you should seek medical care.
Dr. Matt Ahmadi encourages his patients to contact him if they are already dealing with plantar fasciitis but have noticed that the treatments already being attempted are not helping to control pain.
It warrants an immediate call to your foot doctor if you are experiencing a fever, redness in your heel, or numbness and tingling along with pain.
Call Dr. Matt Ahmadi Today For an Appointment To Discuss Your Plantar Fasciitis.
If you are suffering from any type of foot and ankle Pain, visit Dr. Ahmadi in Mission Viejo to get rid of the pain fast.
- Plantar Fasciitis Mission Viejo
- Arthritis Foot Surgery
- PRP Injection Therapy in Orange County
- Bunion Removal Orange County
- Foot Doctor in Orange County
- Painless Bunion Surgery Mission Viejo
- Anti Fungal Solution
- Achilles Tendon Surgery
- Ball of Foot Pain
- Custom Molded Orthotics
- Cold Laser Therapy
- Foot Surgery
- Ankle Surgery
- Platelet Rich Plasma Injection