Arthritis Foot Surgery | Orange County Those patients that suffer from arthritis pain often call to…
Podiatrist in Orange County
A top podiatrist in Orange County, Dr. Matt Ahmadi sees patients for a wide variety of foot and ankle issues, including:
- Flat feet – This occurs when there is no arch in your feet, which can potentially cause pain.
- Bunions – These occur as bony bumps at the base of your biggest toe.
- Hammer toe – Often caused by tight shoes, hammertoe causes the toes to bend up like a hammer, which is how the condition got its name.
- Corns and calluses – These are thick areas of skin that develop as a result of friction.
- Warts – These are benign growths that develop from bacteria on the skin.
- Ganglions – Also found on the wrists and hands, ganglions are small cysts filled with fluid that can form on the ankles.
- Gout – This is a type of arthritis that can cause burning and pain in your toe joints.
- Sports injuries – Ankle sprains, tendon tears, and more can occur from overuse or strenuous activity.
- Cracks and fissures – Caused by skin that is too dry or has been exposed to an infection, cracks and fissures are cracks in the skin.
- Plantar fasciitis – This condition is caused by inflammation of the plantar fascia, a thick band that runs from the ball of your feet to your toes.
- Nail problems – Your nails can become ingrown, develop a fungal infection, or be excessively thick.
- Neuromas – This condition occurs when a nerve in your foot becomes irritated and thickened.
- Peripheral neuropathy – Common in individuals with diabetes, peripheral neuropathy can damage nerves in your feet.
- Pressure ulcers – Caused by increased pressure, like their name suggests, pressure ulcers can be painful and even lead to infection if left untreated.
- Peripheral vascular disease – Characterized by blocked blood vessels, peripheral vascular disease makes it difficult for blood to properly reach your legs and feet.
If you believe you might be experiencing any of these foot conditions or more, talk to your podiatrist in Orange County to learn about treatment methods.