Arthritis Foot Surgery | Orange County Those patients that suffer from arthritis pain often call to…
Foot Doctor Orange County
At Orange County Foot and Ankle Surgery, Dr. Matt Ahmadi recognizes that foot and ankle pain can be extremely debilitating. It make everyday activities challenging. As a result, Dr. Ahmadi offers an approach to pain that treats the whole patient rather than just the source of the pain or injury. As a leading foot doctor in Orange County, Dr. Matt Ahmadi provides his patients with a chance to receive treatment that improves their quality of life.
What conditions are treated?
Our Orange County center provides treatment for a variety of foot and ankle conditions. We see patients for injuries, such as ankle sprains, and problems that are more on the surface, like corns, calluses, warts, and cracks and fissures in the skin. A top foot doctor in Orange County, Dr. Ahmadi also sees patients for pressure ulcers, bunions, and nail problems that occur from ingrown or thickened toenails. He can also help child patients by ensuring that things are developing properly and observing your toddler walking to see if there are any problems.
Orange County Foot and Ankle Surgery also sees patients for the following conditions:
- Peripheral vascular disease – If you are experiencing pain that comes and goes, especially when walking up stairs, you might be suffering from peripheral vascular disease, which is characterized by narrowed or blocked blood vessels.
- Tendonitis – Characterized by pain and swelling, tendonitis occurs when the tendons in your foot are damaged as a result of consistent straining.
- Arthritis – This condition wears away your joints and can occur in many different areas of the body, including the joints in your toes, rear foot, or midfoot.
- Plantar fasciitis – Your plantar fascia is a ligament running from the heel to the ball of your foot, near your toes. If this ligament swells from incorrect movement, plantar fasciitis can develop, causing pain.
- Gout – Caused by excess uric acid in the body that collect in the joints, gout can cause you to experience hot, painful sensations in your ankle or big toe.
- Hammer toe – Hammer toe is characterized by the buckling of your toe joints due to a muscle imbalance or tight tendons.
- Neuromas – Characterized by the thickening of the outer coating in a nerve in your foot. Neuromas occurs when two bones rub together due to certain movements or poorly fitted shoes. The result is pain that can be burning, tingling, or cramping.
- Flat feet – This condition occurs when the arch of your foot loses strength and structure.
- Ganglions – Usually appearing on the ankle or the top of the foot, ganglions are swelling of the lining of a joint or tendon and are filled with fluid.
- Peripheral neuropathy – Commonly seen in patients with diabetes, peripheral neuropathy is a condition that can damage the nerves in the feet and can lead to pain and numbness.
What treatments are available?
The right treatment method for you depends on your condition and the rest of your medical history. You can rest assured that Dr. Matt Ahmadi, a trusted foot doctor in Orange County, will be able to determine the best course of action for you. In some cases, he might recommend simple lifestyle changes to help manage your pain. Such as for conditions like peripheral vascular disease and peripheral neuropathy. Medications can help conditions like gout, and cortisone injections for pain can help with neuromas. Splints and foot tapings might be recommended and placed for plantar fasciitis or for hammer toe, while custom foot orthotics or new shoe recommendations might be made for tendonitis, neuromas, or flat feet, so that the structural support of your foot can be modified.
In some cases, surgery is the best way to treat your condition and manage your pain. Arthritis might involve surgery to trim damaged pain or to fuse joints together, while tendons might be cut in the case of plantar fasciitis or hammer toe. If you have ganglions, the doctor might remove the entire ganglion wall. Surgery for flat feet is rare but might be necessary if you are in extreme pain. The procedure involves reinforcing the tendons in your feet.
Why should I choose Orange County Foot and Ankle Surgery?
Our center provides access to a premier foot doctor in Orange County. Dr. Matt Ahmadi is a board certified foot surgeon and a fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. He is also certified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery and recognizes that the health of your feet and ankles can deeply affect the rest of your body. Our center accepts most insurance plans and is affiliated with top local hospitals and surgery centers.