If you are looking for an experienced Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) For Foot And Ankle Doctor in Mission…
An Achilles tendonitis injury can have an impact on both professional and amateur athletes. The Achilles tendon is one of the longer tendons in your body, stretching from the bones of your heel to your calf muscles. You can feel it — a springy band of tissue at the back of your ankle and above your heel. It allows you to extend your foot and point your toes to the floor.
Unfortunately, injuries of Achilles tendon are very common. Many Achilles tendon injuries are caused by tendinitis, in which the tendon becomes swollen and painful. In a severe Achilles tendon injury, too much force on the tendon can cause it to tear partially or rupture completely.
What Causes Achilles Tendon Injuries?
An Achilles tendon injury might be caused by:
- Stepping up your level of physical activity too quickly
- Wearing high heels, which increases the stress on the tendon
- Problems with the feet; an Achilles tendon injury can result from flat feet, also known as fallen arches. In this condition, the impact of a step causes the arch of your foot to collapse, stretching the muscles and tendons.
- Muscles or tendons in the leg that are too tight
- Achilles tendon injuries are common in people who participate in these sports:
You’re more likely to tear an Achilles tendon when you start moving suddenly. For instance, a sprinter might get one at the start of a race. The abrupt tensing of the muscle can be too much for the tendon to handle. Men older than age 30 are particularly prone to Achilles tendon injuries.
When is Surgery Needed?
If non-surgical approaches fail to restore the tendon to its normal condition, surgery may be necessary. The foot and ankle surgeon will select the best procedure to repair the tendon, based upon the extent of the injury, the patient’s age and activity level, and other factors.
To prevent Achilles tendonitis or tendinosis from recurring after surgical or non-surgical treatment, the foot and ankle surgeon may recommend strengthening and stretching of the calf muscles through daily exercises. Wearing proper shoes for the foot type and activity is also important in preventing recurrence of the condition.
Orange County Foot and Ankle Center under the supervision of Dr. Matt Ahmadi offers one of the best foot and ankle care services in Mission Viejo, California. Our goal is to keep your feet as healthy and functional as possible by providing you with the best treatment available. Our state-of-the-art services include bunion removal, orthotics, treatment for sports injuries, ingrown nails, foot corns, heel pain, flat feet, hammertoes and much more.
Dr. Ahmadi performs the latest techniques and procedures available today in the foot care industry. He treats any foot problems in children and adults. Call Dr. Ahmadi now at (949) 276-8900 for quality orthotics and foot pain relief. You can reach us anytime, seven days a week.
If you are suffering from any of the foot and ankle conditions below contact Dr. Matt Ahmadi and get rid of your pain fast:
- Plantar Fasciitis Mission Viejo
- Arthritis Foot Surgery
- PRP Injection Therapy in Orange County
- Bunion Removal Orange County
- Foot Doctor in Dana Point
- Foot Doctor in Aliso Viejo
- Painless Bunion Surgery Mission Viejo
- Foot Doctor
- Custom Molded Orthotics
- Painless Bunion Surgery in Dana Point
- Cold Laser Therapy
- Achilles Tendon